Founded in 2001, Equal Voice is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada.
Equal Voice promotes the election of women by:
- Working with all political parties to increase the nominations of women candidates;
- Promoting electoral and other changes that would increase the numbers of women in politics;
- Conducting outreach with young women to inspire and engage them in politics as a future career choice;
- Encouraging women to run for office through programs such as our comprehensive, bilingual on-line campaign school;
- Raising awareness about the impact of women's under-representation;
- Celebrating women in politics; and
- Communicating and implementing EV's goals and activities through innovative programming, Equal Voice's chapters, our dynamic website, regular newsletters, media releases, Twitter and Facebook activity, and by hosting major events.
Our chapters and campus clubs across Canada bring Equal Voice’s work to life in the community, while the organization is supported at a national level by a National Advisory Board including some of Canada’s most prominent women politicians.