Buy your tickets here!
Equal Voice – SK is excited to collaborate with Training for Progress (T4P) to host an introduction to the tools, strategy and organizational considerations to run or volunteer on a political campaign at any level.
Who should attend this? Equal Voice’s mantra is “Be Her. Support Her. Celebrate Her”. This hands-on workshop focuses on the ‘support her’ and is open to anyone looking to get involved or learn how to support women candidates running to be a political party candidate, at the local board, municipal, provincial or federal level. The skills and tactics learned at this workshop can be applied to almost any type of campaign.
This workshop is geared towards new campaigners and campaign team members looking to get involved and be effective.Topics we will cover include how:
- To establish and maintain a strong campaign team;
- To recruit and retain volunteers;
- To identify what tools and resources are available for you;
- To manage resources efficient;
- To the importance of voter ID and data management systems; and
- To the rules to a compliant campaign.
When: February 1 & 2, 2020
Location: University of Regina, Regina, SK - exact room and building will be provided with RSVP confirmation (Free parking!)
Price: $45 per person, includes coffee service, lunch for both days, and workshop materials
Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide daycare services for this event.
Saturday, February 1, 2020
9:30am - Registration
10:00am - Kick-off & Icebreaker
- Introduction to campaign organizing
- What is a people-based campaign?
- Campaign team exercise (part 1)
12:00pm - Lunch – key note speaker or special activity
- Introduction to Field and Volunteer Principals and execution
- Field 101
- Importance of data collection
- Volunteers 101
4:00pm - Wrap up
Option for an informal networking social after the day’s session.
Sunday, February 2, 2020
9:00am - Review of Day 1
- Data, Analytics & Reporting
- Voter Id 101
- Data tools
12:30pm - Lunch – networking
- Communications & Fundraising
- Campaign team exercise (part 2)
3:00pm - Wrap up
*Agenda subject to change.
To learn more about Training for Progress, please visit their website at https://trainingforprogress.ca/