Equal Voice is seeking an experienced (part-time) research professional to help us deliver our mission of electing and retaining more women in Canada.
Who We Are:
Equal Voice (equalvoice.ca) is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada. Multi-partisanship is at the core of our work and Equal Voice brings together people from all of Canada’s political parties, united in the common goal of increasing women’s representation in politics.
Equal Voice is embarking on a new project aimed at combatting sexual harassment and violence within Canada’s provincial legislatures. Reporting to the Director of Programs, and working closely with the Program Manager, the Researcher will play a vital role in the qualitative and quantitative collection and analysis of the policies, procedures, and practices that currently exist. This is a nine-month contract opportunity (July 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022) for 20 hours a week. The position can be remote or based from our Ottawa office. Pay range 40$- 50$ /h.
- At least five years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research, including interviews and policy analysis
- Graduate degree in social sciences
- Strong insight into politics and Canada’s legislatures (for example through experience working in politics at any level)
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with groups and/or individuals with diverse ideas, beliefs, and opinions
- Capacity to interact with elected officials across the political spectrum and thrive in a multi-partisan environment
- Knowledge of government organizational structures and legislative processes
- Excellent writing skills and ability to synthesize information
- Ability to grasp political theory to be fair, balanced and unbiased in their recommendations
- Exceptional ability to build and foster relationships with external policy stakeholders
- Must have strong oral communication/public speaking skills
- Bilingual is an asset
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] The deadline for submission is May 28, 2021, but applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis as received so early applications are encouraged.
Equal Voice is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups, including but not limited to, candidates who are racialized, indigenous, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.