Equal Voice is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to help us enhance our programming through the development of new and existing partnerships with business, governments and foundations, and through the development of an online and monthly giving program.
Who We Are:
Equal Voice (equalvoice.ca) is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada.
This is a brand new full-time position at Equal Voice and a unique opportunity to develop a fundraising program building on Equal Voice’s strong networks, partnerships, and programs. The Manager of Partnerships and Fund Development will work from our National office in Ottawa, and play a major role in making a meaningful change for women in politics.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with the Director of Programs, the Manager of Communications, and the Fundraising Committee of the Board, the Manager of Partnerships and Fund Development will play a central role in the organization by:
- Developing new and existing corporate partnerships for Equal Voice’s Daughters of the Vote program
- Leading the development of a new online and monthly giving program
- Identifying new funding opportunities for Equal Voice and collaborate with other staff in proposal development
- Guiding and supporting the Fundraising Committee of the Board in pursuit of Equal Voice’s fundraising objectives
- Fostering an understanding of philanthropy within the organization
- Building our existing Nationbuilder databases, and ensuring impeccable record-keeping and systems
- Working occasional evenings and weekends, as required
- Performing other related and sundry duties as assigned. As this is a new role at Equal Voice the responsibilities may develop over time.
- Five years of diverse experience in fundraising, including considerable experience in a not-for-profit organization
- Two years experience working on an online and monthly giving program
- Experience in developing major corporate partnerships
- Impeccable interpersonal communication skills in person, in writing, and by phone
- Experience working with Nationbuilder databases and/or experience and aptitude with other databases and the ability and willingness to quickly learn Nationbuilder
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong insight into politics (for example through experience volunteering or working in politics at any level)
- Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with groups and/or individuals with diverse ideas, beliefs, and opinions
- Capacity to interact with elected officials across the political spectrum and thrive in a multi-partisan environment
- Clear commitment to EV’s mandate of working with all political parties to elect more women to all levels of government.
- Bilingualism and other languages an asset
Please send your CV, cover letter, and salary expectations to [email protected] The deadline for submission is November 7, 2019, however applications will be considered on an ongoing basis, as they are received.
Equal Voice is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups, including but not limited to, candidates who are racialized, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.