Equal Voice is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to help us enhance our programming through the development of an individual giving program, and developing new and existing corporate partnerships for our Daughters of the Vote and other programs.
Who We Are:
Equal Voice (equalvoice.ca) is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada.
This is a brand new full-time position at Equal Voice and a unique opportunity to develop a fundraising program building on Equal Voice’s strong networks, partnerships, and programs. The Manager of Fundraising will play a major role in making a meaningful change for women in politics.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with the Director of Programs, the Manager of Communications, and the Board of Directors, the Manager of Fundraising will play a central role in the organization by:
- Developing new and existing corporate partnerships for Equal Voice’s Daughters of the Vote program
- Lead the development of a new online and monthly individual giving program
- Identify new funding opportunities for Equal Voice and collaborate with other staff in proposal development
- Building from our existing Nationbuilder databases, ensure impeccable fundraising record-keeping and systems
- Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization
- Work occasional evenings and weekends, as required
- Performing other related and sundry duties as assigned. As this is a new role at Equal Voice the responsibilities may develop over time.
- Five years of diverse experience in fundraising, including considerable experience in a not-for-profit organization
- Two years’ experience working on an online and monthly individual giving program
- Experience in developing major corporate partnerships
- Impeccable interpersonal communication skills in person, in writing, and by phone
- Experience working with Nationbuilder databases and/or experience and aptitude with other databases and the ability and willingness to quickly learn Nationbuilder
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong insight into politics (for example through experience volunteering or working in politics at any level)
- Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with groups and/or individuals with diverse ideas, beliefs, and opinions
- Capacity to interact with elected officials across the political spectrum and thrive in a multi-partisan environment
- Clear commitment to EV’s mandate of working with all political parties to elect more women to all levels of government.
- Bilingualism and other languages an asset
Please send your CV, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is Tuesday, January 7th 2020, but applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis as received.
Equal Voice is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups, including but not limited to, candidates who are racialized, indigenous, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.