*The application period for this job posting has ended*
Who We Are:
Equal Voice (equalvoice.ca) is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada.
The Event Coordinator will lead the logistical implementation of Equal Voice’s events, including the 2021 Daughters of the Vote (DOV) conference.
This is a full-time, contract position in Ottawa ending April 15th 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Program Director, the Event Coordinator plays a central role in the organization by:
- Supporting the planning and coordination of EV’s events including the 4 day DOV program;
- Coordinating logistical needs, including to but not limited to, liaising with hotel staff, vendors, partners, speakers, politicians and stakeholders;
- Organizing receptions, speaker panels, workshops, and plenary sessions;
- Supporting the development of the program, application process, and delegate travel and hotel arrangements;
- Maintain appropriate financial, contractual and other project documentation;
- Fostering the development of productive relationships between and among EV’s national office, and project partners and stakeholders, as well as political parties (of all stripes), elected officials, local/regional chapters and other civic engagement groups;
- Responding to inquiries from collaborators and stakeholders, where necessary;
- Performing other related and sundry duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (English and French) candidates will be given preference;
- A minimum of two years of professional event planning with demonstrated record in planning large-scale national events;
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with an attention to detail;
- Familiarity with and commitment to principles of anti-racism/anti-oppression and equity;
- The capacity to interact with diverse elected officials across the political spectrum and thrive in a multi-partisan environment;
- Strong insight into political parties and the realities of representation for elected women at all levels of government; and,
- Commitment to the process of being part of an exceptional team, which is contributing to dynamic change in the political arena.
This is a full-time salaried term position until April 15 2021. Salary will be in the range of 45-55,000 per year, depending on qualifications and experience, with three weeks paid vacation per year.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is May 3rd, 2020.
Equal Voice is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups, including but not limited to, candidates who are racialized, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.