Equal Voice is seeking to fill a temporary role, funded by Canada Summer Jobs.
- Video and Digital Content Developer
The position would start immediately.
Who we are:
Equal Voice is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada.
With an Ottawa-based staff of eight, supported by Equal Voice’s nationwide network of volunteers, Equal Voice is an innovative and nimble organization. We have a team-based structure where everyone plays a crucial and influential role. Every day is different and there are tremendous opportunities for growth. Multi-partisanship is at the core of our work and Equal Voice brings together people from all of Canada’s political parties, united in the common goal of increasing women’s representation in politics.
Video and Digital Content Developer Duties and Responsibilities:
The Video and Digital Content Developer will work with our team preparing for the 100th Anniversary of the election of Canada’s first woman MP.
They will produce videos and other educational materials about historical events that led to (some) women gaining the right to run for political office in Canada, and ground-breaking women's firsts in Canadian politics over the past 20 years.
- Additionally, the candidate will gain significant community engagement experience working with diverse groups of women and an opportunity to enhance their videography and digital content skills, customer service skills, organizational skills, communication skills, teamwork, and leadership abilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be between 15 and 30 years old (CSJ requirements)
- Clear commitment to EV’s mandate of working with all political parties to elect more women to all levels of government
- Experience producing video and other digital content
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with clients
- Ability to work collaboratively in our small team
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with groups and/or individuals with diverse ideas, beliefs, and opinions.
To apply for either position:
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected], clearly stating which position you are applying for in the email subject line. The deadline for submission is June 7th, 2021. Remuneration for each position is $18 per hour, 35 hours per week.
Equal Voice is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups, including but not limited to, candidates who are racialized, indigenous, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Both positions are based in Equal Voice’s office in downtown Ottawa. During the Covid-19 pandemic, all staff have the option to work from home.