Equal Voice is currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide ongoing administrative support for our Daughters of the Vote program and other general office administration duties.
Who We Are:
Equal Voice (equalvoice.ca) is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada.
The Administrative Coordinator will work full time from our National office in Ottawa, and support the work of Equal Voice with general office administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, and providing support to our managers and employees, the Administrative Coordinator will play a central role in the organization by:
- Provide general office administration support, including administrative support to our Daughters of the Vote project.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to provide administrative support to her and to the national board of directors.
- Organize, coordinate, attend, and take minutes of meetings of the National Board
- Receive and respond to emails, telephone calls, and office visitors.
- Work occasional evenings and weekends, as required.
- Perform other related and sundry duties as assigned. As this is an evolving role at Equal Voice the responsibilities may develop over time.
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English).
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years work experience in an administrative role.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills in person, in writing, and by phone.
- Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with groups and/or individuals with diverse ideas, beliefs, and opinions.
- Capacity to interact with elected officials across the political spectrum and thrive in a multi-partisan environment
- Clear commitment to EV’s mandate of working with all political parties to elect more women to all levels of government.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization.
- Experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Experience working with young adults.
- Fluency in additional languages.
This is a full-time salaried term position until April 2021. Salary will be in the range of $40,000 per year, depending on qualifications and experience, with three weeks paid vacation per year. After a three-month probationary period you will be eligible for Equal Voice’s health and dental benefits.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is 9pm, December 17th, 2019.
Equal Voice is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups, including but not limited to, candidates who are racialized, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.