Equal Voice is seeking an experienced bilingual marketing and communications professional to help us deliver our mission of electing more women in Canada.
Who We Are:
Equal Voice (equalvoice.ca) is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada.
With an Ottawa-based staff of eight, supported by Equal Voice’s nationwide network of volunteers, Equal Voice is an innovative and nimble organization. We have a team-based structure where everyone plays a crucial and influential role. Every day is different and there are tremendous opportunities for growth. Multi-partisanship is at the core of our work and Equal Voice brings together people from all of Canada’s political parties, united in the common goal of increasing women’s representation in politics.
This is a key position on the Equal Voice team. As Marketing and Communications Manager you will solidify our brand and style, and plan and implement a digital communications strategy. Success in your role will lead to increased awareness of Equal Voice, greater engagement in our programs, national influence through our advocacy campaigns, and reaching our fundraising goals. The Marketing and Communications Manager will play a major role in making a meaningful change for women in politics.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with the Director of Programs, the Fundraising Manager, and the Board of Directors, the Marketing and Communications Manager will:
- Be responsible for brand management across the organization.
- Develop and implement a digital communications and engagement strategy.
- Maintain and enhance our website, with support of an external web consultant.
- Enhance our social media engagement across all platforms, and managing a social media assistant.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Fundraising on our member engagement strategy, using the Nationbuilder platform.
- Collaborate with the Director of Programs to use communications tools to increase awareness of, and engagement in, Equal Voice’s programs including Campaign Schools, advocacy campaigns, networking events and celebrations, and our biennial Daughters of the Vote program.
- Develop and implement communication plans for multiple different audiences including the public, stakeholders, MPs and elected officials across Canada.
- Be responsible for media relations, including proactively seeking media opportunities throughout Canada.
- Represent Equal Voice with stakeholders and elected officials
- Work collaboratively in our small team, and manage staff and consultants as required
- Work occasional evenings and weekends, as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Fluently bilingual with impeccable communication skills in person and in writing, in both official languages
- At least five years of diverse experience in marketing and communications, ideally including experience in a not-for-profit and/or political environment
- At least two years experience managing a bilingual digital marketing campaign and/or a bilingual social media campaign
- Experience working with website platforms and CRM databases. Experience working with Nationbuilder is a big asset.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment. Experience managing staff and consultants is an asset.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong insight into politics (for example through experience working in politics at any level)
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with groups and/or individuals with diverse ideas, beliefs, and opinions
- Capacity to interact with elected officials across the political spectrum and thrive in a multi-partisan environment
- Clear commitment to EV’s mandate of working with all political parties to elect more women to all levels of government.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] The deadline for submission is April 9th 2021, but applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis as received so early applications are encouraged.
Equal Voice is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups, including but not limited to, candidates who are racialized, indigenous, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The position is based in Equal Voice’s office in downtown Ottawa. During the Covid-19 pandemic all staff have the option to work from home. After the pandemic flexible working will be a possibility but the Marketing and Communications Manager will be expected to be in the office regularly for internal and external meetings, as well as for meetings on Parliament Hill. Therefore, this position is most suitable for candidates living in or close to Ottawa.