Equal Voice Nova Scotia is excited to announce an all-women panel on Getting to the Gate taking place Saturday, June 13th.
This half-day virtual event is designed to inspire women to discover their pathway to find success in politics. You will have the opportunity to learn from elected officials, past candidates, and current Leaders on what it really takes to succeed.
- Welcome- Sharmila Setaram, Chair and Director-at-Large, Equal Voice Board of Directors
- Event Host - Lia Renaud, Director (Nova Scotia), Equal Voice Board of Directors
Panel 1: Running for office - the good... the bad... and the ugly
- Claudia Chender, NDP MLA Dartmouth South
- Judy N. Green, GPC Leadership Candidate
- Elizabeth Smith McCrossin, PC MLA Cumberland North
- The Hon. Kelly Regan, LPNS MLA Bedford, Minister responsible for the Advisory Council on the Status of Women Act
- Moderator - The Hon. Eleni Bakopanos, Treasurer and Director (Quebec), Equal Voice Board of Directors
Panel 2: Where will you run?
- Jessica Alexander, GPNS Deputy Leader
- Kendra Coombes, NDP MLA Cape Breton Centre
- Emily Lutz, Deputy Mayor of Kings County
- Lil MacPherson, Former Mayoral and Federal Candidate
- Moderator - Claire Kelly, Director (New Brunswick/ PEI), Equal Voice Board of Directors
Panel 3: Raising your profile and getting yourself prepared for the long game
- Barbara Adams, PC MLA Cole Harbour-Eastern Passage
- Jo-Ann Roberts, GPC Interim Leader
- Lisa Roberts, NDP MLA Halifax-Needham
- Lenore Zann, LPC MP Cumberland-Colchester
- Moderator - Yaelle Gang, Director (Ontario), Equal Voice Board of Directors
Most of all, you’ll join Equal Voice in bringing more women from across the political spectrum to the table.
Location: Zoom. Details on how to access the meeting will be sent via email to registered participants on June 12.
June 13, 2020 at 8:00am - 11:30am