Equal Voice is seeking to fill a temporary role, funded by Canada Summer Jobs.
- Event Coordinator
- The position starts on September 30th.
Who we are:
Equal Voice is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada.
With an Ottawa-based staff of eight, supported by Equal Voice’s nationwide network of volunteers, Equal Voice is an innovative and nimble organization. We have a team-based structure where everyone plays a crucial and influential role. Every day is different and there are tremendous opportunities for growth. Multi-partisanship is at the core of our work and Equal Voice brings together people from all of Canada’s political parties, united in the common goal of increasing women’s representation in politics.
- Must be between 15 and 30 years old (CSJ requirements)
- Clear commitment to EV’s mandate of working with all political parties to elect more women to all levels of government
- Knowledge and a keen interest in Event planning
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with clients
- Ability to work collaboratively in our small team
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with groups and/or individuals with diverse ideas, beliefs, and opinions
Event Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Event Coordinator will work with our team preparing for the 100th Anniversary of the election of Canada’s first woman MP
- Support the planning and organization of the in-person and live-streamed event to celebrate this 100th Anniversary
- Help with outreach to stakeholders and businesses who are involved with this event
- Additionally, the candidate will gain significant community engagement experience working with diverse groups of women and an opportunity to enhance their event coordination skills, customer service skills, organizational skills, communication skills, teamwork, and leadership abilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. The deadline for submission is August 23rd, 2021. Remuneration for this position is $18 per hour, 35 hours per week.
Equal Voice is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups, including but not limited to, candidates who are racialized, indigenous, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based both remotely and in Equal Voice’s office in downtown Ottawa.